Acai Chocolate Balls
What does a superfood crossed with protein and chocolate make?
A hell of a yummy high protein power snack that’s what!
Check out the recipe and find out one of my biggest flaws…
These were yet another creation that came about because when I have a cup of coffee I feel like I want something to nibble on. So into the kitchen I go!
Ok so you found out one of my flaws…I like to have an accompaniment with my coffee. This may have something to do with caffeine making your insulin spike slightly, which then leaves you wanting something sweet to help level out your blood sugar levels as a result.
That…or my coffee simply gets lonely and wants a friend as it gets washed down into the depths of my belly. 🙂
I love these balls and they are full of antioxidant goodness thanks to the acai berry.
The acai berry is a small purple fruit that is considered a superfood as it contains antioxidants, including one called anthocyanin (thats also in blueberries).
Its thought to promote faster recovery times and increased stamina as well as being associated with increased weight loss (although I wouldn’t start downing acai as you sit on the couch hoping for a miracle weight loss cure!).
It’s also thought to help with detoxification pathways and erectile dysfunction. Yep…get it into ya fellas.
- 6 TB Peanut Butter
- 2 TB Protein Powder (natural)
- 1 TB Acai Berry Powder
- 2-3 TB of Almond Milk or Coconut Milk
- 1/2 C Raw Cacao Powder
- 1/2 C Cacao Butter, melted
- 3 TB Rice Malt Syrup (or raw honey) *More if you like it sweet!
- 1. Mix the peanut butter mixture ingredients together
- 2. In a separate bowl, mix the topping together
- 3. Roll the filling into bite sized balls
- 4. Using a toothpick, dip the balls into the chocolate topping and place on a tray lined with baking paper
- 5. Chill for 15 minutes
- 6. Serve!
- If you use slightly under 1/2 C of the cacao butter, you will get a nice and thick chocolate topping. MMmmm...thick and creamy!