Banana Bread Muffins
I’m going on a holiday to a friends holiday shack, and of course it goes without saying that I need to bring something with me as a thank you/hello/good to see you/thanks for having us gift.
What better gift than a banana bread muffin???
These banana bread muffins are so moist and sweet, and you can pull them apart with your hands letting the banana smell waft throughout the house. So homely and oh so sweet. I’m salivating right now just thinking about them.
Try out these scrumptious banana muffins – they are grain free, have no added sugar and taste like home.
I made mine with an experimental mock sweetened condensed topping and I was pleasantly surprised by the end result. In fact, I couldn’t resist grabbing a spoon and eating the topping on its own. Delicious. I made my topping using leftover coconut butter from this recipe HERE.
- 4 Free Range Eggs
- 4 Very Ripe Bananas (medium to large)
- 1/2 C Almond Butter (or other nut butter)
- 4 TB Butter, Softened
- 1/2 C Coconut Flour (or 1/4C Almond Flour & 1/4C Coconut Flour)
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 TB Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract, Pure
- Pinch of Salt
- 2 tsp (heaped) Butter
- 2 TB Coconut Butter (homemade - see note)
- 1 TB Honey (or Rice Malt Syrup)
- 2 TB Coconut Cream
- 1. Preheat overn to 180C degress.
- 2. In a food processor, mix your eggs, nut butter, bananas and butter until well combined.
- 3. Add the coconut flour, baking soda/powder, cinnamon, vanilla and salt and pulse until well mixed
- 4. Pour your mixture into a lined or greased average-sized 12 muffin tin and bake for 22-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- 5. While your muffins are cooking, place the butter and coconut butter over low heat and mix until melted, then add in the honey and coconut cream and stir until well combined and smooth. Set aside.
- 6. Remove the muffin tin from the oven and let them sit in the tin until cooled before removing.
- 7. Eat as is, or drizzle with the mock sweetened condensed milk topping and a baked banana chip
- The banana mixture will be quite runny, but as it cooks it will form a nice, moist bread-like muffin. And the smell in your house as you cook.... YUMMY!
- Note- For larger muffins you will need 30minutes but for 12 smaller muffins 25 should be just right!
- **For homemade coconut butter recipe, go to the link below.