I do love my breakfast of eggs, avocado and bacon. But sometimes I want to mix it up a little – variety is the spice of life after all!
So yesterday I experimented with my banana nut bites and turned them into mini banana breads that are just perfect for eating on the run.
The mini banana breads can be warmed and lathered in butter or served as is. And if you want to try something different, use half the quantity of coconut flour and use protein powder instead.
These banana breads contain protein from the eggs, potassium and healthy carb from the banana and a nice portion of good fats from the nuts and coconut. One might say the perfect meal!
- 3 Bananas (Medium)
- 4 Eggs, free range
- 1/2 C Peanut butter (or nut butter)
- 4 TB Butter, softened, grassfed
- 1/2 C Coconut flour (Try 1/4 Coconut Flour and 1/4 protein powder instead!)
- 1 TB Cinnamon
- 1/2 C Coconut Shredded
- 1 tsp Baking soda
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- Sea Salt
- 1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius
- 2. In a food processor add the banana, egg, peanut butter and butter and mix until well combined
- 3. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix
- 4. Spray 6 mini loaf pans with coconut oil and pour the mixture into the tray
- 5. Bake for 20 minutes (or if one large loaf pan 35-45 minutes)
- 6. Turn out and serve lathered with grass-fed butter. Yum!
- I used mini loaf tins, but you could use one large loaf tin and adjust cooking time accordingly. Enjoy!