Banana Choc Rock Cakes
I made these as a party treat the other day.
Now I wish I had kept them at home, because they were seriously good. I’ve been dreaming of them ever since…
Slightly crunchy on the outside but soft and chewy in the middle and the subtle sweetness of the nut butter was just amazing!
Healthy, tasty and full of banana flavour.
Of course these are dairy free and grain free.
Try them out.
- 2 Mashed Bananas
- 2 TB Almond Butter
- 1/2 C Almond Flour
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- Optional - 1/4 C Dark Chocolate Drops or 1/4 C Macadamias
- 1/4 C Cacao Powder
- 1 TB Almond Butter
- 1/4 C Raw Honey (or Rice Malt Syrup)
- 1/3 C Coconut Oil, melted
- 1. Preheat the Oven to 180 degrees C.
- 2. In a food processor, mix the banana and nut butter.
- 3. Add the rest of the rock cake mixture and blend together
- 4. On a biscuit tray lined with baking paper, use an icecream scoop to place rock cakes about an inch apart and bake for 12-15 minutes (or until browned)
- 5. Place the cakes into the fridge to cool
- 6. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix together the chocolate ingredients
- 7. Once the rock cakes have cooled completely, dip them into the chocolate topping and place them into the fridge to set.
- 8. Serve with a smile!
- These are just delicious and were a smash hit at the party. You could opt to flatten them into cookie shapes if you prefer, and you could dip in chocolate or opt not to. So many choices!
- Makes about 15 - 20 rock cakes depending on the size.