Beef Kofta with Tahini Dipping Sauce
Rule #107: Time spent in the kitchen preparing food, must be doubled in time spent socialising
As much as I love to cook, I love to socialise more. No surprise there folks! And this rule is two fold when it comes to hosting a party.
And that’s where cooking simple meat dishes in bulk and ahead of time can save you.
I often prepare these kofta skewers the day before a party and cook them up the morning of. If you are anything like me, you will need the day to focus on more interesting party planning items (like taste testing the chocolate mixture), so avoid being a dag and prepare these ahead of time.
I served these with a tahini dipping sauce, but a nice garlicky, spicy sauce would be lovely too!
- 1kg Beef Mince, Grassfed
- 1 C Fresh Parsley Leaves
- 1 C Fresh Coriander Leaves
- 1 Onion
- 2 tsp Coriander, ground
- 2 tsp Allspice, ground
- 1 tsp Cumin, ground
- 3 tsp Paprika, ground
- 4 cloves Raw Garlic
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 C Tahini
- 3 Raw Garlic cloves
- 1/4 - 1/2 C Lemon Juice (depending on size of lemon)
- 1/2 C Water
- Salt to taste
- Optional - A dash of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1. In a food processor, add the onion and garlic and mix
- 2. Then add the herbs and blend together again
- 3. Finally, add the meat and process until mixed (you may want to remove and do by hand to get any remaining clumps)
- 4. Roll a small handful of meat mixture between your palms to form sausage like shapes and then skewer each right in the middle
- 5. BBQ each skewer until fully cooked (cut one if you are unsure and see)
- 6. Meanwhile, make the dressing by adding all ingredients into the blender and mix.
- 7. Serve on a nice wooden board, next to the beef koftas
- You can have these hot or cold.