Best Banana Bread Ever!
When I create a brand new recipe, I tend to remake it a few times to test it out and to make sure that the recipe works. But I also to generally try to improve on the recipe each time I make it.
Like in life, there is always room for improvement!
This banana bread is one of recipes that has improved over time.
Want to try out the worlds best banana bread?
Then read on dear chap… This was the initial banana bread recipe. And it was a good recipe. But this one is better!
I swapped the coconut flour for almond flour and banana flour because I wanted to add in the healthy resistant starch instead. Resistant starch is great for the good bacteria in our gut. If you eat cleanly like I do, by default you tend to eat low carb and some of those friendly bugs deep inside your intestine miss out on getting nourishment.
This banana flour is a great way to get some nutrition all the way to your gut bugs so they can thrive! I use Mt Uncles Banana Flour that you can buy HERE. And yes, its gluten free!
I also added walnut oil because so far in all of my bread baking I’ve found that walnut oil gives a really subtle flavour and adds to the moistness of the bread. Walnut oil also has great antioxidant properties and any bread that helps to fight signs of aging and wrinkles is a-ok by me!
Now keep in mind that this entire recipe contains 4 bananas and whilst fruit is certainly healthy, too much fructose can overwhelm the liver if you tend to eat a high fruit diet. But overall, its a healthy dish and damn tasty too!
- 4 Over Ripe, Peeled Bananas (mine had black skin...so really sweet!)
- 1 1/2 Cups Roasted cashews
- 2 tablespoons walnut oil
- 1/2 Cup Almond meal
- 1/2 Cup Mt Uncles Banana Flour (can use all almond meal instead)
- 2 Free Range Eggs
- 1 1/2 tablespoon Raw Honey (add 2TB or more if you like food sweet)
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon Pure Vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- Butter for greasing or coconut oil
- 1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees
- 2. Place cashews in the food processor and get to a fine meal consistency
- 3. Add the walnut oil to make it a sticky, butter like batter
- 4. Add bananas to the cashews and mix again until well blended and no chunks
- 5. Add in your your eggs and gently mix together
- 6. Add the almond meal and banana flour, baking soda and powder, honey, vanilla extract, cinnamon, and salt and then mix again until just combined (don't over mix)
- 6. Grease a mini bread loaf pan with some coconut oil or butter and pour to 3/4 full
- 7. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until cooked through and the top springs back at the touch
- 8. Let it cool slightly and then spread on some grass fed butter and eat! Yum!
- If you don't have banana flour, simply use almond flour. Banana flour does give it a nice light fluffy bread texture however.