The Best Cauli Pizza Base Ever!
Ok so there are a few things that we healthy folk miss out on when we are being all “healthy”. And one of those things is Friday night pizza.
Every now and again I will succumb and have a slice of ‘normal’ store purchased pizza but without fail I end up regretting it because a) it doesn’t taste that good, and b) it makes me feel just terrible.
This pizza recipe solves both of those problems for good…
Grain free, gluten free and it holds together just perfectly! Now you can have your pizza and eat it too! 🙂
As far as what I put on the this pizza above, I used leftover spicy beef burgers from the night before and crumbled them over the base with cheese, spinach, red onion and cherry tomatoes. It was truly delicious!
- 5 C Cauliflower Florets (about 4 C Cauli Rice)
- 1 Free Range Egg, beaten
- 1 TB Coconut Flour
- 1/3 C Goat Cheese such as Chèvre
- 1 tsp Dried Oregano or other spice
- Pinch of salt
- 1. Preheat your oven to 180 degrees celsius
- 2. Steam the florets until cooked through, then strain and place the steamed florets in a food processor and blend until it resembles the consistency of rice
- 3. Place the rice into the middle of a clean tea towel and literally ring the tea towel to squeeze out the excess moisture from the cauliflower. A lot will come out.
- 4. Place the rice into a bowl and add your ingredients into the bowl and mix together with a fork
- 5. Using your hands press the dough into a lined baking tray or pizza base and press into desired shape so its about 0.8 - 1cm thick.
- 6. Bake for 35- 45 minutes depending on your thickness and your oven
- 7. Remove from the oven and spread your toppings on as per a normal pizza base and cook until ready to eat!
- The dough will not be like regular pizza dough and will feel like its going to break apart but it should hold together nicely once its baked. Just have a little faith!