A Breakfast Thick Shake
As a kid, there was something fun about sipping on a thick shake that was so thick, your cheeks would draw in and your head would nearly blow off from sucking so hard. And then, just when you were about to give up for fear of passing out, the reward of a cool, creamy thick shake would hit your tastebuds for a taste explosion.
I miss that experience. I think the only place I ever had a thick shake was at that evil place that has golden arches and starts with ‘M’. I refuse to the say the name…its dirty. So in my more mature years of eating Real, I need to replace that experience with a thick shake that offers taste, nutrition AND the so-thick-my-head-is-gonna-pop feeling.
Well…here it is. Now you have no need to ever go to ‘M’ again. EVER! Sucked in Ronald.
Now if you find it isn’t thick enough, add more coconut cream or banana or protein. If it is too thick, add a tablespoon at a time of either almond milk or water. Also, I apologise for the handful quantities! I normally measure as I go but I was living on the edge this morning and was literally throwing stuff into the blender! hehehe…I am such a rebel these days. No measuring cup, who would have thought it. 🙂
Enjoy your thick shake!
- 1 Banana (frozen will make it thicker)
- Handful of walnuts (approx 1/2C)
- Handful of shredded coconut, unsweetened variety (approx 1/2C)
- 1 Can of Coconut Cream, with the liquid milk part too (but should be mostly cream)
- 1 TB Raw Honey *optional
- 1 TB Flaxseed
- 1/2 Cup Papaya, peel, diced
- 1 Scoop of Vanilla or Natural Protein Powder
- 1. Chuck it in
- 2. Blend
- 3. Pour into a glass
- 4. Top with a slice of banana or any of these - cacao nibs, coconut, bee pollen, hemp seed, honey, walnuts
- 5. Suck til you can suck no more!!
- I must say, I struggled to get through the entire thing. It's pretty filling!! If you don't make it through, stick it in a suitable cup and into the freezer for a nice dessert to eat like icecream with a spoon later on! Yummo!