Broccoli Bacon Soup – Paleo, AIP
I have never been a huge soup fan. I think it’s because I loved dipping bread into the soup as it was the only way for me to feel full after a soup. But its a been a long time since I have had bread, so watery soup is a no go.
Well as of today, I have to change my stance on soup.
This one was thick, flavoursome (hello bacon) and filled me up without a single piece of toast.
And what a way to start…
This soup was cram packed with nutrients, easy on the body and packed with protein. You could also add some bone broth if you want to add more nutrients.
I’ll definitely be making this one again!
- 1 Head Broccoli, chopped roughly
- 5 Rashers Of Free Range Bacon, chopped roughly
- 1/2 Zucchini, chopped roughly (optional)
- 1 Bunch Asparagus, chopped roughly
- 4 Garlic Cloves, chopped roughly
- 3 - 4 Cups Water
- Sea Salt, to taste
- 1. In a large soup pot on the stove, heat your bacon until cooked
- 2. Add your veggies and cook until slightly tender
- 3. Add the water until just covers the veggies (you don't want too much water or it will be too thin)
- 4. Cook for 20 minutes
- 5. Add your soup mixture to a high powered blender and pulse until soup is desired consistency
- 6. Serve with bacon bits on top!
- I like my soup nice and thick.