Chicken Curry With Cauli Rice (paleo, lchf)
On a cold wintery night, there is nothing better than a big bowl of heart warming curry.
There’s something so comforting about a warm, homemade meal when it’s cold out. With the change of weather recently, I wanted to make something that fit the bill… something warming, something comforting and something to warm soul!
This is an easy to make chicken curry but the flavour will knock your socks off. I use my own homemade curry powder, but you can feel free to just use a store bought one if thats easier for you.
The trick to this sauce is the hint of nutritional yeast powder which gives it a slight nutty, cheese flavour to add to the depth of the sauce. But again, if you don’t have it you could try it without.
- 2 Tablespoons Grassfed Butter
- 1 x Zucchini, Sliced
- 1/2 Head Cauliflower, very roughly chopped into quarters
- 2 Cups Mushroom, sliced
- 1 x 270gm Can of Coconut Cream
- 3 x Chicken Breast, Free Range (approx 700gms), Diced
- Sea Salt
- 1 Tablespoon Curry Powder (homemade or otherwise)
- 2 Teaspoon Nutritional Yeast Powder
- 1 1/2 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1. To a pan on medium heat, melt your butter
- 2. Add the cubed chicken and fry until lightly browned and cooked through
- 3. To the pan add mushrooms and zucchini and cook for 2 minutes
- 4. Add the coconut cream, curry and 1 tsp of the garlic powder and all of the nutritional yeast and then salt to taste.
- 5. Simmer for about 3-4 minutes until the sauce sightly thickens
- 6. Meanwhile in a food processor, add the cauliflower and mix until rice like consistency
- 7. In a clean fry pan, add the rice like cauli and add the remaining 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder and fry until cooked through.
- 8. To serve, add 1/2 C or so of rice and top with the curry chicken
- Nutritional yeast can be found in any good health food store.