Chocolate Crackle Protein Bites
Well I am happy to say that I have finally moved into my new home. It seems in my last home I was somewhat stagnant when it come to inspiration for cooking, baking and creating.
But with a new home, comes new creativity!
So I whipped up these protein choc crackles as an experiment… let me know what you think!
Easy to make. Easier to eat.
I keep these in my fridge and have them for a pre-breakfast or post-workout snack. They usually don’t last long as I keep coming back for more!
I hope you enjoy.
- 1 Cup Shredded Coconut (unsweetened) plus an extra 1/2 Cup for later
- 1 Cup Pure Whey Protein Powder - Natural or vanilla flavoured
- 1 Cup Sultanas
- 1/4 Cup Cacao Powder
- 1/2 Cup Coconut Oil, melted
- 1/2 Cup Hazelnuts
- 1. In the your food processor add all ingredients except the extra 1/2 Cup of coconut
- 2. Mix until sultanas and nuts are finely chopped and texture is a slightly sticky consistency. If the mixture isn't slightly sticky from the coconut oil, it won't set properly. You can always add a little extra coconut oil if you need.
- 3. Remove from food processor and add to the bowl the extra 1/2 Cup of coconut mix by hand
- 4. Press the mixture into a tin until nice and flat and pop into the freezer for 15 minutes to set
- 5. Remove from the freezer and slice into cubes
- 6. Keep stored in the fridge once sliced so the coconut oil keeps the cubes set together.
- Depending on the protein powder you use, you will end up with a different flavour. Try to use a good quality whey protein with very little to no flavour.