Chocolate Protein PnB Bites
I have a confession…
I’ve been keeping these treats from you for a while now.
They are so damn good that I kept thinking maybe I had just fluked the creation, so I kept testing the recipe out again and again. And again. And well…you get the picture.
There are only so many times you can test out a recipe before it stops being a test and starts being a secret food obsession.
Well I am happy to report, I am revealing the recipe right here today. Finally.
Here it is…
Just be sure you heed my warning, they are good. They are real good. And you may feel tempted to eat them all in one sitting.
I know I did.
But like everything, eat them in moderation. A couple a day, not a plate a day.
Don’t say I didn’t warn you…
- 1 cup roasted almonds, or nuts
- 1 cup of packed pitted dates
- 1/2 cup Peanut Butter (no sugar added version, or any nut butter really)
- 1/2 cup 100% whey protein powder (neutral flavoured)
- 1/2 cup cacao powder
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/3 cup cacao butter,melted
- Teaspoon of Vanilla Extract (pure)
- optional - 1 TB raw honey
- 1. In a food processor, blend the dates until they become softened or ball together in one big lump
- 2. Add in the whey powder and nuts and mix again until all nuts are fine and all is combined
- 3. Add in the rest of the ingredients and blend together
- 4. Taste, and either add honey or more dates or leave as is
- 5. In a 8x8 tray or pan, press the chocolatey mixture in and flatten with a spatula
- 6. Freeze for 15 - 20 minutes until well set
- 7. Remove and slice as required
- 8. Store in the fridge
- You can opt to sprinkle coconut on the top if you like or almond slivers. Its delicious!