Coconut Rough Bites
In my handy utility belt, I was armed with a bag of shredded coconut, some raw honey and a little cacao powder.
I asked myself…
What would MacGyver do in this situation?
He would probably make a bomb or some mind blowing laser burglar alarm. I had no need for either of those. But I did have a need for chocolate.
Here’s what I came up with…
Three ingredients and little time and a want for chocolate.
Hellloooo…coconut rough bites!
To the untrained and unimaginative eye, these were just three boring items standing alone on my kitchen shelf.
But to me…it had ‘destiny’ written all over it. Ok, maybe not destiny, but definitely ‘chocolate’. Same thing right?!
I decided to transform the coconut into coconut butter and then took it a step further by adding a little chocolate love.
Chocolate, coconut and a touch of rough around the edges. I mean could you ask for more in a man…ahem…I mean in a chocolate.
Here’s the recipe folks…
- 1 bag of unsweetened shredded coconut, 250g or about 5 Cups
- 1/2 Cup Cacao Powder
- 1 teaspoon Raw Honey (more if you like it sweet)
- 1. To make your coconut butter - in a food processor, simply add your coconut and mix on high for about 10 minutes or until it resembles a nice thick, smooth paste
- 2. Add in the rest of your ingredients and mix
- 3. Pour into mini moulds and place in the fridge until set
- You can mix your coconut butter as smooth or as rough as you like. I kept a little bit of roughness to add to the texture of these bites.