Curry Chicken Burgers with Homemade Ranch Sauce
The other day was one of those days where I was seriously lacking in energy and motivation. I managed to trick my brain into taking me to the 1000 steps “just to look at the view” and then managed to force myself to walk them, moaning with every heavy step.
I blame the weather for creating this mood. The sun came out from hiding the other week, just long enough to tease me with it’s warm brilliance, only to retreat again. Such false promises!
Well all was not lost! Due to this sour, mopey mood, I created a delicious grain free, dairy free curry burger!
The recipe came from a place of craving warmth. See I was literally craving naughty things – I wanted a big bowl of creamy pasta, hot and steamy and full of carbs. Yep, there’s that “feel good”, addictive release you get from grains, that I wrote about HERE. But alas, I have learnt, that when I give in to these cravings, I end up in a worse off state – doubled over, bloated and wondering “why me”.
I was not about to let bad food decisions add to my mood thanks very much. So…I whipped up these little critters to warm the soul and improve my mood – Curry Chicken Burgers with Homemade Ranch dressing.
To say they made me feel better was an understatement. The curry gave me a massive kick up the rear and got me moving. And the dressing, I saved up and used across salads throughout the week. Delish!
Here’s the recipe guys, I hope you like it and more importantly, I hope it kicks you up the rear too…
- 4 Chicken Breasts (about 680g)
- 1 Egg, Free Range
- 1/4 Cup Coconut Flour
- 1/4 Cup Flaxseed, Ground
- 2 TB Curry
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 1/2 Cup parsley (packed)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Coconut Oil for grilling
- 2 TB Greek Yoghurt (or you can omit and add an extra TB of coconut milk, and some lemon juice)
- 3 TB Coconut Cream (or coconut milk, but only using the top creamy part of the can, not the water)
- 1/2 tsp Chilli Powder
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 Spring Onion, Chopped Finely
- Salt and Pepper
- 1. In the food processor, blend the chicken breasts with all of the burger ingredients
- 2. From the mixture, make approx 2 TB patties and form into balls and set aside
- 3. Prepare your dressing by mixing up the dressing ingredients and place in the fridge until the burgers are ready
- 4. In a fry pan, melt the coconut oil and flatten the patties in the pan
- 5. Fry up your patties until browned on both sides. Approx 3 mins each side (depending on how thick you made the burgers)
- 6. Serve the patties with a side salad and a drizzle of ranch dressing on top! DEVINE!
- If you prefer hot dressings, add more chilli. I am a wimp when it comes to spices, but feel free to add til your hearts content! Enjoy!