Grain Free Salmon Cakes with Avocado Mash
I am always busy trying to come up with new, easy meals for the time poor and health conscious. This one ticks all of the boxes.
Easy to make, quick to cook and tasty going down! I can’t help but wonder why people ever choose to eat processed food when there are meals like this out there. I literally threw this one together in under 5 minutes.
Its my new thing – challenge myself to cook healthy meals that cost next to nothing, provide my body with the ultimate nutrition and are a taste explosion. Lucky for you, you get the hand-me-down recipes so you can try them out too!
Dang, now we have no excuses to eat badly anymore. Awww…
- 2 Cans Wild Salmon, drained (210g each)
- 3 TB Coconut Flour (see note)
- 4 Free Range Eggs
- 2 Sprigs of Spring Onion, chopped finely
- 1/2 C Baby spinach leaves, chopped finely
- 2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Onion Flakes
- 1/2 tsp Chilli Powder
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 2 Avocados
- 1/2 Lemon, Juice Of
- 1. Break up the salmon in a large bowl with the back of a fork
- 2. Add the coconut flour and mix well
- 3. In a separate bowl, mix the eggs and add to the salmon mixture
- 4. Add the rest of the patty ingredients and mix together
- 5. Using your hands, form palm sized patties and set aside
- 6. In a separate bowl, mix your avocados with the lemon and salt
- 7. In a fry pan on medium heat, place the TB of coconut oil (or olive oil) and fry the patties approximately 4-5 minutes each side until cooked
- 8. On a plate, build a stack of patties, add your mash and serve with a side salad. Delicious!
- If your salmon cakes won't form patties as they are too wet, simply add in 1/2-1 additional tablespoon of coconut flour as sometimes the size of the egg will vary the patty consistency.