Cacao Fudga-licious: I’ve got a lovely bunch of coconuts
Let’s talk coconuts. Big juicy, natural coconuts. Everyone loves a juicy bunch.
Coconuts are a godsend when it comes to using a healthy, stable oil for cooking, for getting a quick hit of energy, and to make this delicious raw chocolatey snack! AND…when you are finished with the dish, if you happen to have some coconut oil on your hands, rub it in to your skin…its one of the best moisturisers around. You can also rub a bit into your hands and then put it on the ends of your hair; its great for dry ends!
Once you have mastered this dish, you won’t need to run to the store when you have a chocolate craving to buy the sugar loaded crap. This is quick, cheap and you will struggle to not eat all of them in one sitting. Trust me. But be warned, if you do eat them all in one sitting, they can react with your digestion if you are not used to coconut. So take it easy folks!
This recipe can also be altered very easily to include one of your favourite nuts or shredded coconut, or even Goji berries on the top. So why not make this recipe yours with a little, extra personality on top!
So go grab you some Coconuts!
- 1 C Almond butter
- 1/3 C Coconut oil
- 1/4 C Cacao powder
- 1/4 C Maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp Sea salt
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1. Mix the nut butter and oil until smooth (you can warm it slightly, but it can make the end product go a streaky white)
- 2. Add the other ingredients and mix together
- 3. Line a small tray with cling wrap and pour the mixture in and smooth out the top
- 4. Freeze for an hour
- 5. Pull the cling wrap out with ease, and slice up and store in the fridge
- Optional - top with cacao nibs or shredded coconut prior to freezing.
- This is sooo yummy! I tend to get carried away devouring these, but be careful you don't eat all of them in one sitting, as it can cause stomach upsets.