Nut Free Post Workout Protein Balls
I have had a lot of food sensitivities throughout my life, but I am lucky to say that I do not have a nut allergy.
Some of you do however, and I have had a special request to create a post workout ball that is nut free.
Ask and you shall receive…
These balls are too easy to make, I literally threw a few ingredients into a food processor and kept adding until I had a nice consistency that I could roll. They are high in protein and good carb from the banana which is great for replenishing glycogen stores for the muscles after your workout.
And they have added chia and tahini to provide you with calcium, even more protein and Omega 3 fatty acids that are great for reducing inflammation in the body.
Try them out, or try making your own version.
- 1/4 C Sunflower Kernels
- 1 TB Tahini
- 1/2 C Chia Seed , White
- 1/4 - 1/2 C Coconut, Shredded (see note)
- 1 Large Ripe Banana
- 1/4 C Protein Powder (Check its nut free if you have allergies!)
- Desiccated coconut, unsweetened to coat
- Optional- 1 TB honey (only if you must have it sweeter, but try not to add any more sugar. The banana is sweet enough)
- 1. Add all ingredients to the processor and whizz together until the banana is all mashed up
- 2. Using your hands, golf sized balls and then coat in the coconut
- 3. Set aside and place in fridge until ready to eat
- If the mixture is too wet, either place in fridge for an hour to slightly harden or add a TB of coconut flour or shredded coconut.