Post Workout Power Balls
Sometimes after a workout, you don’t feel like sitting down to a protein filled steak and a full plate of veggies and sweet potato. Go figure!
But if you are training intensely, you will want to consume fast digesting carbohydrates in order to spare protein, replenish the depleted glycogen from your muscle and speed recovery.
And that my friends, is where this post workout power ball comes in handy to save the day.
Its a bird, its a plane, no its Post Workout Power Balls!!!!
These balls literally take under 5 minutes to prepare. Could you ask for a simpler recipe?! I think not.
Good for any time of the day really, but best after a workout as they do contain carb from the banana.
I recommend 180 Nutrition for your protein powder – its clean, made from REAL food so it doesn’t contain harsh chemicals or artificial sweeteners and is made in Australia.
And now that you have the recipe for the post workout ball, all you need to do is WORKOUT! So…hop to it!
Want to know a rough break down of the macronutrients? Per ball…
- 630 kJ /151 cal
- 10g fat
- 8g carb
- 8g protein
- 2 C Almonds, Raw
- 2 Banana, ripe
- 4 TB Protein Powder (Preferably REAL protein powder without added artificial ingredients - TRY 180 Nutrition)
- 1 TB Raw Cacao Powder
- Optional - 1 TB flaxseed, whole
- 1. Place the almonds in a food processor and turn that baby on high until a fine but crumbly flour like consistency
- 2. Add you banana, protein powder, flaxseed (if using) and cacao and mix again
- 3. Using your hands roll slightly larger than golf ball size balls
- 4. Roll your balls (hehehe) in crushed peanuts (or any nut) or even coconut or black chia seeds for presentation
- 5. Place them in the fridge and eat as required!
- If the ball mixture is a little wet, you can place them in the fridge to harden slightly before you roll them. But don't eat them all in one sitting. And don't skip the workout people!
- The flaxseed is optional and you could use it if the balls are too wet. I like to grind my flaxseed just prior to using so it has the most potent omega 3 content and won't oxidise as pre-ground seeds do.