Pumpkin-inspired Capsicum Heads
Carving pumpkins at Halloween is something that us Aussies tend to miss out on. Perhaps wasting pumpkins is a bad thing anyway? So why waste them, when you can carve a capsicum and eat the entire thing afterwards?! Waste not, want not!
You could stuff them with candy if you wanted to give the kids a naughty treat inside a health treat, but I stuffed mine with a cauliflower rice recipe that I used recently as I had leftovers in the fridge. They looked great sitting on the plate, just begging to be eaten. Nom, nom, nom…
- 4 Yellow or Orange Capsicums
- The recipe for cauliflower rice, see spicy prawn and cauli rice.
- You can simple stuff with lollies or berries!
- 1. Slice off the top and cut out the seeds and wash the inside of the capsicum
- 2. Carve out your eyes and mouth with a small knife
- 3. Stuff your heads and eat!
- You can eat raw, or you can bake them in the oven and have them roasted! YUM!