Raspberry Macadamia Muffins
My husband likes to have snacks around the house to satisfy his sweet tooth. Of course in this household, ‘sweets’ are not really ‘sweets’.
The other day he requested raspberry white chocolate muffins please.
I like to bake the food he wants, but I also like to bake healthy food that will help him to thrive (and that I can eat!)
So I took it upon myself to create a healthier version of his muffin request.
And I was delighted with the results!
This recipe calls for coconut flour in place of regular flour because I like to avoid using grains where possible as I find its basically void of any nutrients and because I feel like hell when I consume gluten. I also replaced macadamia for white chocolate because white chocolate is basically just sugar.
- 6 Free Range Eggs
- 2 TB Honey (Or Rice Malt Syrup)
- 1/4 C + 1 TB Butter, Melted
- 1/2 C (heaped) Coconut Flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 C Raspberries, frozen
- 1/2 C Macadamia, unsalted (or white chocolate if you feel naughty)
- Optional - Dark chocolate
- 1. Preheat the oven to 160 degrees Celsius
- 2. In your bench mixer, mix eggs and honey until nicely combined and slightly fluffy
- 3. Add the melted butter and mix again
- 4. Next add the coconut flour and baking powder and mix gently until just combined
- 5. Fold in the raspberries and macadamias by hand
- 6. Pour the mixture into lined muffin tray and bake for 30-35 minutes or until cooked through
- 7. Remove from pan and let sit before drizzling with melted dark chocolate and a sprinkle of crushed frozen raspberries
- This recipe makes 6 large muffins.