Kale, Bacon w/ Almonds & Poached Eggs
Do you ever have those go-to meals that you love so much you just can’t stop going back to them over and over?
Well this dish is my go-to, my absolute fave breakfast dish. Its cram packed with flavour and nutrients.
With healthy greens and prebiotics from the kale and asparagus, healthy fats from the eggs, almonds, feta and bacon not to mention protein, this really is a dish that has it all.
- 2 Rashers of Free Range Bacon
- 2 Free Range Pasture Raised Fresh Eggs
- 3 Asparagus Spears
- 3 Stalks of Kale
- 1 TB Sheeps Feta
- 1/4 Cup Almonds, crushed
- Olive Oil for cooking
- Salt and pepper
- 1. Rip the kale from the stems and chop finely
- 2. Dice your bacon
- 3. Chop your asparagus spears into inch long segments
- 4. Boil a pot of water and then reduce to a simmer.
- 5. Crack one egg into a ramekin gently. Then stir your simmering water and gently slide the egg into the centre of the whirlpool. It will pull the white towards the egg yolk keeping it together.
- 6. Repeat with the other egg and let simmer for 4 to 6 minutes depending how hard or runny you like it. (Using a slotted spoon you can gently lift the egg and touch the yolk with your finger to see how hard it is)
- 7. In a fry pan, add your olive oil and fry your kale until slightly crisp and crunchy. Set aside.
- 8. In the same pan, fry your bacon and asparagus until crispy and set aside along with your kale.
- 9. Add your crushed almonds to the pan and fry gently until toasted. Set aside.
- 10. To a plate, add your kale, feta, asparagus, bacon and toss gently to mix together.
- 11. On top of your kale mixture, add the poached eggs and sprinkle with almonds.
- 12. Garnish with some greens such as micro greens or watercress