After playing around in the kitchen with the previous mini chocolate cake recipe, I had some of the base leftover and wanted to create a new, fun recipe to use it all up. Waste not, want not!
What better recipe to make, than an imitation Snickers bar. Same flavour, same satisfying hit, but without the crap that a Snickers bar has.
The end result was just lovely. Sweet, but without the guilt.
Let me know what you think of it.
- 1 - 1 ½ C Dates
- 2 C Walnuts
- ½ cup Cacao Powder
- 1 TB Rice Malt Syrup (or Raw Honey)
- 1 C Coconut Oil (melted)
- ½ C Cacao Powder
- ¼ C Maple Syrup (or Rice Malt Syrup)
- 1 C Dates
- 3 TB Rice Malt Syrup
- 2 TB Coconut Oil
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- ½ tsp Salt
- 1 C Raw Peanuts, crushed (or other nut if you prefer)
- 1. For the base, mix the first layer in the food processor, until combined
- 2. Press the base mixture into a small 8x8 or appropriate sized pan that is lined with baking paper
- 3. For the caramel, process the caramel ingredients until well combined and then using slightly wet fingers (otherwise it will stick) press the caramel to the base. You don't want much of a caramel layer, as its quite sweet
- 4. Place a few crushed peanuts over the caramel layer, and push into the caramel
- 5. Mix the chocolate ingredients in a small bowl and then pour over the caramel and base layer until all covered.
- 6. Freeze until set, about 20 minutes
- 7. Slice into small bite size pieces and eat! YUM!
- Store the slice in the fridge.
- HOT TIP!
- If you have any leftover caramel, place it in a small tray and freeze it to eat as caramel fudge pieces. Droolll….