Sunflower Balls In A Chocolate Dress
Before I left for my Christmas holiday, I created this recipe to save me from making unhealthy choices. You see I often get the calling for something snack-like and if I have healthy snack-like options on standby I will always choose that first. BUT if I go hunting for food and healthy isn’t staring me in the face, I find it very hard to avoid eating evil junk food.
Preparation is the key to staying healthy.
After the haphazard way I threw these together, I was very surprised by how good they were! I had to hide them from myself so I wouldn’t eat them all in one sitting. I’m aware they don’t look the prettiest but on this occasion, its what’s on the inside that counts!
I ended up taking the sunflower balls on a picnic so I could avoid eating the entire plate myself and they were a smash hit. I did have to keep them on ice until ready to eat as the chocolate does melt fast, but they were so good and had everyone licking their fingers cheekily as they looked around for more.
- 1 C Almond Flour
- 1/2 C Sunflower Seed Butter
- 1/2 C Peanut Butter (not sugary commercial brands)
- 1 TB Raw Honey or Rice Malt Syrup
- 2 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 tsp Coconut Oil, Melted
- 1/2 C Raw Cacao Powder Plus 1 TB (thickens the chocolate nicely)
- 1/2 C Cacao Butter
- 2-3 TB Raw Honey or Rice Malt Syrup
- 1. Mix the ball mixture and then roll into bite sized balls and place onto a lined tray
- 2. Freeze for 10 minutes
- 3. Meanwhile, make the chocolate by mixing the choccie ingredients well
- 4. Dip each ball into the chocolate using a toothpick. You can either dip gently to make hats, cover completely or drizzle the chocolate over the ball instead
- 5. Place back onto the lined tray and freeze again for 10 minutes
- 6. Serve
- Good luck having just one! These are unbelievably good!