Tangy BBQ Pulled Chicken
This recipe is an absolute Godsend for busy people.
With a tangy BBQ sauce over pulled chicken, you can easily add this to a wrap, lettuce cups, tacos…anything!
As you know, I believe in making recipes that are easy and quick so that we can eat healthy and well but with limited time or skill required.
Using the easy pulled chicken recipe as the base, you can create a quick sauce and voila… instant meal! I whip up the chicken on a Sunday and then use in various recipes throughout the week. Its an absolute lifesaver!
I needn’t sell this recipe. It will sell itself when you try it. Believe me!
Get ready for it to rock your world!
- 3 TB Butter
- 1 Onion, finely diced
- 3 Garlic cloves, crushed
- 140g Tomato paste
- 2 tsp Tabasco sauce (3 if you like it hot!)
- 1 C Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/2 C Tomato sauce or Purée
- 4 TB Honey
- 650g Pulled Chicken, approx 4C (see notes)
- 1. In a food processor mince your onion and garlic together
- 2. In a fry pan, melt your butter and add the onion and garlic and cook until translucent
- 3. Add the rest of the ingredients and simmer until it reduces by 1/2 to 2/3rds and it thickens slightly
- 4. Add the pulled chicken to the pan and mix together for a minute
- 5. The chicken will absorb the sauce, so keep mixing the chicken and heating it through without over cooking, as it will dry out.
- 6. Serve in lettuce cups, or in a taco or burrito or on top of a salad
- For the pulled chicken recipe, see link below.